McKnight Building Preservation are an Aberdeen based timber and building preservation specialist, covering the Aberdeenshire and Eastern coast of Scotland. McKnight Building Preservation carries out various aspects of building timber treatment work. Some of the most common issues pertaining to problems affecting a property are as follows:
- Waterproofing – the prevention of water ingress to the internal fabric of your property by the installation of a bespoke membrane and drainage system
- Penetrating Damp – the treatment and preservation of the internal fabric of your property by eradicating the effects of dampness, and finding a solution to further prevention.
- Wet Rot – the cause can come in many forms, and can affect all timbers that are not suitably protected
- Dry Rot – the blatant brother of wet rot that needs less moisture for an outbreak to occur (around 20% as opposed to wet rot which typically contains 50%+)
- Woodworm Treatment – the eradication of the woodborer beetle, timber treatment, preservation and replacement
- Pump Servicing – we can carry out regular servicing on your waterproofing ‘sump and pump’ system, even if it’s been installed by another contractor
- Joinery Services – all aspects of joinery
- Gutter Cleaning – no ladder, no scaffold, no cherry picker solution…
McKnight Building Preservation offers an ‘insurance backed guarantee’ with most works carried out, which is covered by the UK based company Guarantee Protection Insurance (A Kinnell Group Company).
We are also a ‘Wykamol Approved Contractor‘.
If you have any queries regarding treatment work, please fill in the form below:
Recent News Items
- Dry rot treatment carried out within these joint properties on …
- Various treatments were carried out at this small country cottage …
- Small wet rot work affecting the original timber lintel at …
- The lower areas of these two gable end rooms were …