You have a new build, extension or existing room that is below ground level, and you want to prevent any water or moisture from affecting the internal fabrics.
Depending on the nature and severity of the situation, we would carry out the installation of one of the following or a combination of:
- Cementitious damp proof coating
- Damp proof membrane installation to the affected internal walls
- Damp proof membrane installation to the internal walls and floor areas
- Damp proof membrane installation to the internal walls, floor areas and the fitting of a drainage channel with a waterproofing pump system
- Epoxy floor coating
A dry environment which could then be fitted out to suit your particular needs. These might include:
- The fitting of new timber frame studwork and plasterboard
- A new concrete floor applied over the membrane
- Insulation and chipboard flooring over a floor membrane, then the walls framed and plasterboarded
- A plaster render applied directly to the membrane (we fit specific membranes for this purpose)
These are just some examples, and would be discussed at the time of visiting the property.
Simply contact McKnight Building Preservation to discuss your requirements:
Below is a video example of ‘basement living’ using products provided by our waterproofing supplier Wykamol